Version: 220.127.116.1136 11/13/2018
Tile Estimation Enhancements:
1. "Additional Waste" and "Minimum Waste" Properties.
-These are enabled when creating a tile in the product database (Hover your mouse over the property name to see the details).
(1)Provide more ways to adjust tile waste
(2)Add additional waste to allow for additional stock
(3)Add minimum waste to ensure safe and sound quantity
(4)Adjust the tiny pieces size for tiles to be ignored
(5)Allow tile rotation based on best fit
(6)Adjust max cut times for each tile
(7)Add cut margin around a tile
(8)Adjust tile waste sharing scope
**Note: You will see those two fields only if you select the "Cut and Fit" or "Half Reuse" or "No Reuse" calculation method.
2. Project-Level Tile Estimation Settings Panel.
- Select a room with tiles in the diagram, click on the estimation setting icon ( the wheel icon) and then select the “Cut and Fit” calculation method. Then tile calculation settings will then appear. Hover your mouse over the parameters to see detailed explanations.
3. System-Level Tile Calculation Settings.
- When you create a new project, the program will use the default tile estimation settings.
Tile Pattern Enhancements:
4. We added popular luxury carpet tile patterns and wood-look patterns to the tile pattern library, such as scale, wave, chevron.
5. You can change tile sizes on the fly when applying the pre-defined tile pattern.
**Note: When assigning a pre-defined tile pattern to the diagram, click the “Resize” button and enter the tile size. The program will automatically resize the rest of the tiles formed with the tile pattern.
6. We included shortcuts to speed up pattern creations in the tile pattern designer tool. To use this feature, press the R key to rotate a tile and then hold down the Ctrl key to flood-replace the tiles.
7. In the tile designer tool, you can now select a tile offset from the pull-down list (such as ½). It snaps to the selected offset when you move one tile along the edge of another.
8. We added a tile corner cutter (the saw icon) to allow for creating chevron-shaped tiles in the tile designer tool.
9. The software now has a “Divide by tile replacement” function to provide an alternative way of dividing a room into two areas with different tile products.
- Apply tile A in the diagram by right clicking on tile B and then select “Replace tile in the diagram.” After this, you will select the tiles to be replaced by tile B to the Divider function on the ribbon by selecting “Divide by tile replacement”
10. Show reference distance when selecting pattern position starting point.
-When selecting tile pattern position, it displays the dimensions from the nearest walls. (View Option->Pattern Position).
UI and Display Enhancements:
11. You can adjust the icon size of patterns/product to show more or fewer icons in the product database, project item list or pattern library.
12. You can represent a product using hatch texture in the product database, in the diagram, and in product legend.
(1) Select a hatch texture to represent a product in the product database.
(2)In the view option, select Product Hatch to show a tile pattern in Hatch texture in the drawing and the product legend.
(3)Optionally, you can combine “Product Hatch” with “Tile piece hatch” and/or “Hatch as black” to achieve the desired results.
13. You can now display a tile texture image in the legend (View option->Tile texture).
14. The software can now adjust the linear product style from dashed line to solid color line ( System Settings->Drawing Style tab->Linear Style.)
15. You can annotate layers with takeoffs.
-Click the blank triangle next to the green plus sign in the lower left of the drawing canvas. If the floor has been taken off, you will see a blue icon in front of the layer name.
16. We have added a shortcut to create stage & auditorium design using Elevations.
-Takeoff tab->Draw an elevation->Left-click on it->select Room Edit function on the ribbon->select “Create Stage”. You can create an arena stage or church stage in seconds.
17. We also have an advanced legend and notes features. You can enable to show the tile texture in a legend, provide individual legends for rooms and walls, and add legends and notes to walls.
18. We have shortcuts to create circular holes/elevations (press the R key once and use Rectangular Room or Elevation or Hole to create a circular shape).
19. You can now snap to quarter or half circle when dragging an edge.
- When dragging an edge to create a curve using the “Arc” function, it highlights the curvature when it can form a perfect quarter or half circle.
Version: 18.104.22.16824 9/20/2018
Fixed a bug in drawing wall.
Version: 22.214.171.12416 9/19/2018
Accumulated improvements and bug fixes.
Version: 126.96.36.19998 7/24/2018
Accumulated improvements and bug fixes.
Version: 188.8.131.5244 6/4/2018
1. When using a command ( e.g. freedraw), hotkeys related to it would flash in the status bar. Double click the highlighted words to turn off the flash.
2. Bug fixes.
Version: 184.108.40.20630 4/24/2018
1. Display margin type (both, length only, width only or none) next to cut margin in cut sheet.
2. Allow matching hardwood pattern at the doorway (Press CTRL key and left click to multi-select rooms, right click ->Layout & Seam->Set Pattern Position)
3. Improved performance of floor divider.
Note: it is highly recommended to use "Split Room By Region" under "RmEdit" to takeoff complicate floor plans to achieve stable results. Split rooms have less interference with each other compared with divided floor regions.
4. Allow creating a floor divider from a wall to a hole in the same floor.
5. Improve the display of dimension by adding extra space between text and line.
7. Bug fixes.
Version: 220.127.116.1177 3/17/2018
1. Allow multi-selection in same room (Hold Ctrl key + left click).
2. Add shortcuts to scroll drawings:
- Ctrl + scroll mouse wheel to scroll drawings vertically;
- Shift + scroll mouse wheel to scroll drawings horizontally;
3. Allow draw floor dividers cross existing dividers.
4. Right click on a room with floor dividers -> select “Select Same Product Dividers” to highlight divided regions in a single room with the same flooring materials so that user can change layout direction for the product in multiple divided regions in one shot.
5. “Estimating Length” when create roll goods to allow user to accommodate uneven cuts at end of each roll.
6. Option to apply linear product to grout joints of a tile pattern and calculate its usage. (An efficient way to calculate heat welding usage for vinyl patterns. Accessible if right-click on a tile pattern in the project item list -> Grout Product pull-down list -> Select linear product as grout)
7. "Tile Shape in Legend" option in the sub-menu of Legends to allow toggling on/off tile shape in product legends.
8. "Quick Tile"
- When drag a tile pattern to a room, find "Quick Assign" button at bottom of the Assign Tile Pattern window. You can assign patterns to the room without selecting tiles from pull-down list.
9. Change layout directions for rooms in one-shot, including both roll goods & hard surfaces. (Room Edit->Layout & stem->Apply layout/seam to…)
10. Rotate cut on cut sheet by 180 degree. (Right-click on a cut to see this option)
11. Worksheet->Reload section->Merge->Merge/Un-merge add-ons with primary flooring materials in one single line item on the worksheet and proposal.
12. Lock items in worksheet to prevent them from being removed when reloading from estimation data.
13. When loading the estimation data to worksheet, keep ordering of products the same as in the project item list.
14. Drag & drop items in worksheet to reorder them.
15. Display floor/room duplication in both worksheet and in the proposal.
16. Support multi-languages in print template.
17. Option to display product legend with wall view when printing ( Print->Room Detail->Room Detail Walls & Settings->Wall Detail Legend)
18. Add "Min Pattern Drawing" under System Setting -> Drawing Style, to avoid drawing tile/pattern grids that are smaller than the set value.
19. File back up and Project save reminder
- File -> Backup Projects tab -> find previously saved backup files.
- File -> Backup Projects tab -> click the Wheel Icon (Setting) -> prompt saving every x minutes)
20. One click to import existing Measure Square 2015 project files to M2 Cloud.
- File -> Cloud Projects tab -> click the black triangle icon -> select Import. (Press Ctrl/Shift key to select multiple files in open file dialog.)
Version: 18.104.22.16896 2/5/2018
- Plan import
1. Preview thumbnails of blueprints when importing multiple pages.
2. Import blueprints with customized resolution.
3. Set up scale using two points while previewing images;apply scale captured by two points to multiple pages.
4. Verify scale using ruler command while preview images.
5. Add shortcuts to facilitate product schedules.
6. Right click on Project Items or Product/Services folder -> find shortcuts on top right, such as add, delete, duplicate, etc.)
7. Import product templates created in M2 2015 version to the project item list.
- Right click on Project Items->Import/Export->Import Measure Square 2015 product template.
8. Organize rooms by installation phases.
- From room RmEdit->Phase->create phases->tag selected rooms to phases
9. Create rooms with default product
- Draw a room with a product->select the product from Estimate pull-down list->continue room creating.)
10. Allow creating floor divider from middle of the room
11. Create product legend with/without product usage and display legend; manually place product legend on the diagram
12. Delete multiple layers in one shot (right click on a tab ->Select tabs to delete)
- Product assignment
13. Allow creating randomized tile pattern with multiple tiles specified percentages.
- Create several tiles with the same dimensions.
- Apply one tile to a room->right click on the Tiling from project item list->view modify->click Edit to set random tiles
- Click Add to add tiles to the list->select tiles from pull-down list and specify percentage->OK.
14. Align tiles continuously on walls
- Draw a room->View Wall->apply a tile on wall->right click on the wall->select Wall tile continuous to right/left.
15. Set self-cove multiple room by one-shot (right click on a product under Project Items ->Set self-cove).
16. Set self-cove for all walls or selected walls of rooms
- Right click on a room->Rm Edit->Set self-cove.
- Turn on View Wall->hold down Ctrl key and left click to highlight several walls.
- Right click on one of selected walls-> Self cove selected walls.
17. Support estimating by installation phases.
18. Grout coverage chart
- Create a product from project item list-> select grout as product type
- Look at product details->find Grout Coverage Chart->specify the grout width and coverage chart provided by manufacturer.
- After apply tile to a room->right click on tiling->view modify->specify grout product and grout width. The program will automatically compute it by bag or by weight.
19. Calculate tiles in three methods ( waste ratio, cut & fit, and reuse 50%)
20. Support roll allocation
21. Round up roll cuts to nearest 3", 6", 1'
22. Stagger cuts for large open area such as basketball court
23. Ability to group items on worksheet
- Right click on the title of the table->select Group.
- Bidding package
24. User can export data to a pre-programmed excel bidding package ( by request)
25. Users can change View Options and Print Options while previewing the printout
- Enhanced 3D display
26. From View 3D->Options->toggle on/off different options to adjust the 3D display)
- Added Transparent Wall to allow view product assignment clearly (When it is on, the materials on the wall will be seen through )
- Options to display room dimensions, wall stack height, tile texture, tile pattern positions in 3D view
- General Settings
27. Export select taps as a project/import selected tabs into current project
28. Allow open 2nd sessions to open two projects at the same time
- Collaborations with your team
29. Open projects created on iPad or Android phone on PC
30. Sync settings & product database with your co-worker
31. Admin can protect database & settings by marking them as "read-only" for team members